Kevin focuses his practice on civil litigation, appeals, election law, and constitutional law. He has represented clients in diverse cases in both federal and state courts, as well as before administrative or local government bodies.
These cases include: contract and business disputes, occupational or professional licensing, voting laws, initiative petitions, and First Amendment matters. He also has extensive experience dealing with Nevada state agencies, open meeting law compliance and public records issues.
Kevin earned his Juris Doctor from Rutgers School of Law, and holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Nevada - Reno.
- Defended resort property in contract dispute litigation, obtaining a dismissal of the action due to plaintiff's failure to engage in pre-litigation mediation and dispute resolution.
- Represented licensee during disciplinary process before the State of Nevada Board of Occupational Therapy, resulting in significantly reduced discipline and dismissal of charges.
- Defended a local government in litigation involving a dispute over a purchase and sale agreement to sell county-owned land to a developer.
- Defended various government agencies against civil rights claims for employment discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Challenged a statewide referendum petition aimed at repealing the Commerce Tax, resulting in its removal from the ballot for failure to comply with the statutory requirements for its description of effect.
- Defended Nevada's unique "None of these candidates" ballot option against various constitutional and stautory attacks.
- Assisted various political action committees with drafting of ballot measures, compliance with campaign finance reporting laws, and represented them in litigation when necessary.
- Represented the State of Nevada in several appeals involving issues of novel questions of law in Nevada, ranging from campaign finance and regulations for initiative petitions to sovereign ownership of submerged lands.
- Nevada Supreme Court Bench-Bar Committee
- State Bar of Nevada Appellate Litigation Section